Monday, January 31, 2011

Revelations!

I had a very eye-opening revelation with money this weekend.  The month of January is the first time I've been religious about writing down my day to day spending.  What shocked me on the totals was that instead of spending my alloted $200 on groceries, my total was close to $400!  Huh????  That is in addition to the money spent on Nutrisystem.  For a single person that is just ridiculous!  So that is my goal for February.  I will continue to keep recording my spending but I am going to cut the amount spent at Food City to stay within my budgeted amount. 

In addition to looking at my finances, it was a productive weekend.  Got some cleaning and laundry done and I also got my taxes filed.  My total refund was only $50 and then I had to subtract $30 for Turbo Tax to file!  So I may make a big trip to McD's with my refund or go get my nails done.  I know I'm doing what I'm supposed to do in just breaking even with taxes but you still kind of hope for a $5000 refund every year.  For some reason, there is less being taken out in taxes the first two paychecks I've seen this year and I don't know why.  I have to try and find out.  I don't want to have a big bill that I owe next year.

I'm going to see another condo this afternoon after work.  I forgot my camera so I won't have pictures.  This one is in a nicer area that the other one I liked so much.  This just seems like such a huge undertaking and I don't know if I'm up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment