Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Counting my blessings

I just read a post from a friend who was so sad and depressed.  She's had many changes in her life in just the last 6 months and doesn't seem to be coping well.  She said that she's struggling with feeling that she doesn't "deserve" all the stuff that is happening in her life.  I suggested that she reframe that to count her blessings instead because we don't "deserve" all the good stuff that is happening either.  I am so very very blessed and I want to count my blessings often to keep me mindful of that.

1.  I'm in good health (except for this silly cold that is hanging on!)
2.  I have a paid for home.
3.  I have a job that I actually love and it seems to be secure.
4.  I have family and friends who love me.
5.  I have a great companion in my dog!
6.  I have a great church family.
7.  I have peace in my heart because I know God is in first place.

That hasn't even scratched the surface!

No comments:

Post a Comment