Thursday, January 27, 2011

Another Thursday

Another week is winding down.  I'm so looking forward to this weekend.  No plans for me on Saturday that should take me out of the house and I'm really looking forward to that!  Tomorrow is also payday and that's always good.  I've done well with money thus far this year.  Tracking my daily expenses has been a good thing.  I've taken the advice of Mary Hunt of Debt Proof Living and taken an index card for each day to note expenses.  At the end of the month, I'll to a tally to see where my money has gone.  I've been pretty good for several years about not having huge leaks in my spending but this will be a great "checkup".  I still haven't received the bill for the heating company who had to come out and replace the breaker.  I'm expecting that bill to be around $300.00.  I'm so happy to have $6000 in my Contingency Fund and almost as much in my Freedom Account.  I looked at a bare bones budget in the event of a major disaster and I think the money I have now would see me through at least 9 months if I were out of work.  Not that I am hoping that happens!  If needed, I think I could pare my monthly expenses down to about $1000. 

If I am able to sell my house in the spring and then buy a condo, of course I will have numerous expenses associated with the new mortgage as well as putting money into the upgrades for the condo.  I may also have some expenses related to getting the house ready to put on the market.  I will definitely get estimates from my brother on having those things done.  I think he could use the work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment