Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Home upkeep! No fun!
I had a round of problems out of my heat pump in the last couple of weeks that had to be dealt with. I would wake up in the middle of the night with the house temps in the 50's or 60's. The weather was so cold and there was so much snow and ice that it was really miserable getting up and dressed and having to go outside to flip the breaker back on. Turns out it was a bad breaker so I had that replaced to the cost of about $300. I've got money put aside for house repairs and I'm grateful for that. But they confirmed for me that there is a bigger expense coming! Turns out that the breaker box at the house is a Federal Pacific Comp product and they went out of business many years ago so the parts are no longer being manufactured. According to the real estate lady Jennifer and the electrician who came and gave me an estimate, some banks are even refusing loans on a property if it has that kind of breaker box. The electrician said he could replace it for $1500. Again, I've got the money set aside for those repairs and if it's going to make selling the house easier, it's a good thing. I just don't like spending money on that!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment