Thursday, January 20, 2011
It's Friday Eve!
My ex-husband used to refer to this day of the week as Friday Eve. It made it a little more fun! I'm looking forward to the weekend but then I always do! I do love my job as a social worker at a Dialysis Clinic but more than anything, I love my home and just vegging for the weekend. I probably tend to hibernate too much if given the choice! I'm still thinking that I will put the house on the market in March or April depending on the weather. After the break-in last January and then the fall down the steps in October, I think it's a wise move to plan to get into a place with no steps and little upkeep. I have found a condo in Fountain City that I love and am hopeful that I can sell my house for about the same price. I would probably try to take a small mortgage of around 20,000 to put in some upgrades. That's an amount that could still be paid off in a matter of 5-10 years. I want to make sure that by the time I'm 60, I am not facing continued mortgage payments. There are a few things at the house that I need to attend to. I have paint to do the kitchen and need to take care of the breaker box. I will have some new mulch put down when the weather is warmer and that will make things look nice outside. There are a few other things that need to be taken care of like repairing some boards that have water damage but I don't think it's too much. It's exciting to think of moving to a new place. I've been decorating in my mind already! I want to make sure that I do not jump into anything though and if that condo isn't still on the market when I'm ready, then it's not the place for me. I know if I stay at the house, I will be facing some major expenses in the next 5 - 10 years though. The roof will need redoing and I'll need to paint the outside of the house. The driveway needs resurfacing too. Moving to a condo will limit my space so I won't tend to accumulate quite as much stuff! That would be a good thing! There may be big changed in the next 6 months!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment