Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Saying goodbye

After work today, I'm going to Jefferson City to see Debbie.  They are receiving friends for her father who passed away on Sunday.  He has been sick for a while and had suffered with dementia.  Actually, I don't know that he suffered as much as Debbie did.  No matter - it is still a sad day when we don't have our parents here anymore.  I've sure been missing Mom and Dad the last few weeks.  I know that they would have loved the new condo.  Mom would have marched in and tried to decorate everything "her way" and Daddy would have tried to fix something I'm sure.  Mom always wanted me to move to a condo.  It just took 18 years for me to agree it was a good idea!  I know they would be happy for me and thrilled with how God has blessed me.  I don't know that you ever stop missing your parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment