Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Give it away!

I realized that I hadn't put a post here about what happened with the furniture money.  Last Thursday, on my way home from work, I was praying about what to do.  I remembered that I am supposed to received 2 $100 VISA cards from rebates.  I asked God that if they came in the mail, I would just forgive that debt.  Well - the cards were not in the mail.  But instead, there was a check for $290 from insurance on the house!  Not only did God meet my needs, HE EXCEEEDED THEM!  So on Friday morning, I called Lisa since she wasn't working.  I told her that because God had blessed me so very much, I wanted her to consider the furniture a gift.  She started crying and shared with me that on Thursday, she had found out that she had a garnishment on her paycheck from a debt her husband owed.  Her mother has the living room furniture and her husband is in the hospital.  She didn't know how they were going to pay me.  I am taking everything she says as truth because I want to.  I am so blessed that God allows me to share something!  That is a lesson that Mom and Dad lived for us each day.  It is so true - "It's better to give than to receive!"

On Saturday, I spent time working in the garage and got my craft area all fixed up!  It's so organized and cute!  I will love spending time out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment