Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Getting in the habit

I want to use this blog as a journal of sorts so I'm trying to make sure I'm getting in the habit of posting something each day.  Even if it's only a few random thoughts, I think it will be benficial for me to do. 

I've been working on my spending plan (I call it that instead of calling it a budget) in prep for my payday on Friday.  Now that I'm settled into the condo, bills are coming due and it's time to get back to watching my spending each day.  I still hadn't been paid for the furniture but I asked the lady if she could give me a partial payment.  She said she could give me $150 on Friday.  I really do feel for her because right after she got the furniture, she and her husband split up and there have been other things going on.  I don't want to let it just hang over us.  I am afraid that I would let it color my attitude toward her.  What I have decided is that whether or not she gives me any money on Friday, I am forgiving the rest of the debt.  I need to do that so that I don't worry about it as much.  I made the comment before she ever took the furniture that if I didn't get paid, it would be alright with me because I would take it as a sign that it was just an opportunity for me to be generous.  I'm having to back that statement up with actions now!  I really am at peace with that decision.  It will be wonderful if she does pay me the $150 because I can get my light fixtures hung though.  If she doesn't, I'll work it out somehow.  I'm at peace and that's all that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment