Thursday, June 6, 2013

A New Direction

I have long enjoyed reading other's blogs about decor, organizing and finance.  It seems that the blog I enjoy the most about finance has fallen by the wayside though and the writer typically doesn't post more than once a month any more.  I hate it because I really enjoyed her viewpoint.  Since that is the case though, I think I should start posting more myself.  Not the same as reading someone else's thoughts and encouragment but better than nothing.

So how am I doing financially?  I'm pleased!  I have now paid off my car and the little amount I had on my Discover card.  OK - I do still have a balance of $3.95 on the Discover.  That is a monthly charge for a credit monitoring service.  I will pay that next Friday on payday.  I am looking forward to the next payday because I hope to settle in to a new spending plan for the summer where I am pumping money into several Freedom Accounts.  I plan to pump up my vacation account in prep for the trip to DC with DBIL and DS in September.  I also plan to start putting money into my account for some condo improvements. 

In the next year, I have some goals to work toward:
1) New kitchen counters, sink, faucet and garbage disposal
2) New flooring in the condo
3) New furniture for the patio

I anticipate the kitchen improvements to be less than $2000 and the flooring for the condo at around $5000.  Can I save up the amount needed before doing those projects or do I put it on Discover and pay it off?  Not sure yet.  I plan to start the preliminary work this weekend with a trip to Lowes to scope out products and prices.

My health is improved.  I've been doing the Atkins plan for 2 months now.  I've lost 10 pounds and can really feel an improvement in the Fibro flares.  I really believe there is some type of anti-inflamatory properties to Atkins.  I would still like to lose another 35 pounds though.  That won't have me to my goal weight but I think it will be a weight that I can maintain. 

Plans for today after work:
change wallet

Plans for the weekend:
1)Paint front door
2)Clean carpet
3)breakfast with Lori and her daughters on Saturday
4)clean out desk drawer and get it organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment