I went to bed last night at 7:00! I woke up a couple of times in the night but I was able to get back to sleep pretty quick and I feel a million times better today. I am too old to not get my beauty rest!
I was paid today and the money is allocated. I was able to put money in my Contingency or Emergency Fund which has been woefully ignored for a while now. I have grandiose dreams of building that up to $10,000.00 which would take care of me for 6 months but I'll be focusing on getting it to $1000.00 first! Even that will take 4 months. Maybe by the end of September. I also was able to officially start saving for my kitchen redo. New counters, sink, faucet and painted cabinets are on the horizon. My goal for that is to have the money saved before the end of the year.
Plans for the weekend include the usual laundry, groceries, dump and cleaning including cleaning the carpets because Riley still thinks using the carpet for a bathroom is preferable to holding it till he gets outside! I also have the paint now to do the front door. I want to do that on Sunday so I can leave the door open all day to let the paint cure. I don't want to have the door stick to the frame if I can avoid it. All in all, should be a good weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment