Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I've got a good life!

I was looking at a couple of lists this morning.  I have a list of goals for 2011 that I made up around the first of the year.  I also have a "Bucket list" that I made up of things I want to accomplish at some point.  I realized that I have done many of the things on my list for 2011 and I've even gotten a couple of things marked off on my Bucket List.  I sure am blessed!

One of the things on my list for 2011 was to get new kitchen counters by Granite Transformations.  They did the counters in the house and I loved the look so much.  I had them come out and give me an estimate for the condo and the price would be close to $5000 so that's not in the budget any time soon.  I did spent about $300 for supplies and am going to try and refinsh them myself this coming week.  It's scary because I don't feel like I'm all that good at home improvement projects.  But the lights and drawer pulls I painted look pretty good so I'm willing to give it a try.  If all else fails, I can still have Granite Transformations come out and fix it later!  I'm looking forward to having next week off and have a few projects planned to keep me busy.  I am going to work on the kitchen counters and may paint the drawer pulls in there.  I also want to buy or build a fire pit on the patio and learn how to build a fire.  I worked on my closet and bought shelves and it looks so nice!  I would love to empty the closet and repaint it since I didn't have that done before I moved in.  That would be a big job but I've got all the supplies and I could get it done in a day.  I'll put that 3rd on my list and see what I get to!

No comments:

Post a Comment