Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Drawing my line in the sand!

I went back to WW meetings last night.  I was pleasantly suprised to see that Lynda Nemon was the leader at the meeting I went to.  Not that I would have remembered her name but I sure remembered her smile.  She is (or at least was) Cat's partner - a nurse at the ICN at UT.  Lynda has a way of lighting up the room with her smile.  She has lots of energy and did a very good job leading the meeting.  In 3 weeks, the meeting will be moving to the fellowship hall at church!  Very convienent for me.  I struggle with feelings that I have about the fact that she is a lesbian and where I sit on that issue.  It's not a sin that is worse than any of a thousand sins I've commited just this week.  But does it imply acceptance of her choices to go to her meeting?  In my head I know it doesn't because I while I know about the aspect of her life, I know nothing of the lives of people I meet every day.  Things to ponder.

I am very excited to be back on the program.  I need the face to face accountability of meetings.  I am going to walk when I get home from work.  I have a 20 minute walking tape I can do.  Surely I can do that much for my health!

No comments:

Post a Comment