Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I don't like aging!

Long time no hear from!  I'm still here and doing well.  I am going to start a new skin care program and I want to try and challenge myself to write about any changes I'm seeing.  I am 53 and I feel like my face is sure showing it.  We won't even mention being so overweight but the skin on my face is just so rough and not pretty!  I am not interested in doing Mary Kay again and honestly, never felt that it was doing anything fabulous for me.  I'm trying a line from Philosophy.  Feels really nice tonight but it's just the first night.  I'm going to do my best to faithfully use it every day and will see how it looks after 2 weeks.  I can do it for 14 days!

I've been on a "don't spend your last penny" challenge for the last week.  I realized that my checkbook register was showing a balance of ONE CENT and I was determined not to spend that!  I had all my bills paid (and some of them are paid way ahead) so I knew if an emergency came up and I had to spend money I could but I wanted to see if I could do it.  I've done well - even had company over the weekend (Julie and her mom) and even fixed homemade mac and cheese to take to a pot luck lunch at work.  Used what I had on hand and made my own cheese sauce!  It was pretty darned tasty too!  I'm considering doing it again this pay period.

I will have 3 paydays in November which means I will have about $1000 to put toward something.  My choices are
1) pay off the appliances
2) pay off Discover
3) put it toward the car pay off.

Lots to think about and I'll come back and talk about the pros and cons tomorrow.
Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment