As I mentioned here are some thoughts about how to use my extra payday in November.
1) I could pay off the appliances. The payoff on those would be 1076.32. The pro to paying those off would only be in the gratification of have that over and done with. The other option on this would be to stick with the plan I am working now which will have them paid off 12/28/12.
2) I could pay off my Discover. That bill is between $1100 and $1350. I'm not sure of the amount just yet because I ordered some new shoes and I'm not sure if they will be staying or going back. Have to get them in and see how they fit these old feet of mine! I am certainly learning that I am having to spend more money on upkeep as I age! Better shoes, better skin care, etc...! If I pay this card off, I have to learn to be disciplined and not continue to use it. I don't want to carry a balance after the first of the year. I want to start 2013 off strong and stay strong financially.
3) I could put the money toward paying off the car. The balance on the car is under $3000. I'm thinking I will not choose this option because I can work on paying off this loan the first part of 2013.
4) the option that I have chosen before with extra paydays is to use the money to stock up on household needs. Stuff like toilet paper, paper towels, HABA (stuff from Sally Beauty like hair color and hairspray) and such. If I choose option 1 or 2, I won't be able to do this stock up but maybe that is a way of frittering away money anyway. I would definitely have more to show for myself by choosing option 1 or 2. At the moment, I'm leaning strongly toward option 2. Get rid of the Discover card (for the most part) and then still have the appliances and any left on the credit card paid off by the end of December. I've got two weeks to still ponder it so we'll see if I have a change of heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment