Monday, August 20, 2012

Striving for Greatness

Life has been good to me.  The scare I had from the need for a breast biopsy turned out to be just a cyst.  I was so scared but am beyond grateful that it turned out to be no problem.

3 weeks ago, I bought new kitchen appliances!  I knew when I moved to the condo that the appliance would need to be replaced but wanted to try and put it off.  Over the last year, one eye on the stove only worked if you hit it, the microwave wasn't too great, the dishwasher didn't clean the dishes well.  Then the freezer door wouldn't stay closed.  So I went and bought all new!  First time in my life that I've picked out appliances and had all new ones!  I've got a spending plan worked up so that I will have them paid off by the end of the year.

I've really had the theme of striving for a purpose in my life recur in my devotionals the last couple of days.  I know that I get lazy in my life and choose the "easy" thing to do and it is typically NOT the best.  One thing I found today:

"True greatness is a long term process; it may involve occasional set backs. The end result may not always be clearly visable, but it seems that it always requires regular, consistent, small and sometimes ordinary and mundane steps over a long period of time.

True greatness is never the result of a chance occurance or a one-time effort or achievement. It requires multiple of correct decisions for the everyday decisions between good and evil."

I must keep making a daily decision to live my life with a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment