Monday, December 19, 2011

I'm ready for some changes!

I've always used the end/first of the year as a time to "take stock" and set some goals for myself.  This year is no different in that respect.  But I am going to make it different in the sense that I truly am going to make some changes in my life.  There are a few areas that I really want to make significant changes.
1) my physical health.  I want to lose weight and take better care of myself.  That's going to mean getting some regular exercise and taking better care of what goes into my body for fuel.  I'm the only one who can make those changes.  I'm really tired of the way I physically feel and I certainly don't see myself continuing to feel this way for 30 more years.  I've got around 10 more years to get ready for retirement and I've got to make the most of it. 
2) my money.  I have to admit that I live "just above" my means!  I believe that I've set realistic amounts in my spending plan but I tend to push them just a little.  I set a budget of $100 per pay day for grocery spending and I usually go just a little over.  Usually less than $10 but I know there are areas that I can cut back. 
3) my involvement at church.  I have been at Central for 20 years.  I've always been involved in the music program.  I know I don't like sitting alone in the congregation and being in choir keeps that from happening.  But I sure don't like Bob's work right now.  Is it him or me and my attitude that needs work?  I'm really not sure what to do about this area but this is a good time of year to examine that.  I also know that I find it hard to make big changes in this area.  Would I really and truly seek out a new church or just fall into the habit of not going at all?  That's NOT acceptable!

No comments:

Post a Comment