Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Can I share a blessing?

Can I share a blessing I just got?  I'm at work at the dialysis clinic where I work.  I like to use a particular type of gel pen and mine was running out so I walked next door to the Dollar Store to get a pack.  There were two guys standing in the parking lot who looked pretty scruffy, both holding cans in their hands.  I didn't see what they had and my first thought was that they might already be drinking.   (This isn't the best of neighborhoods!)  I went in the store and got my pens and when I came out the guys were still there.  They nodded at me but didn't speak or ask me for anything.  I then realized that the cans they were holding were Campbell's Soup cans and they were eating cold soup for breakfast.  I walked past them and then turned around and went back to speak to them.  I asked them what they were eating and one guy quickly showed me what he was holding in his hand.  I pulled $10 out of my pocket and gave to them and encouraged them to go get a hot breakfast.  They just seemed so shocked and kept saying "are you sure?"  One of them said they were heading to McDonald's!  I wished them a Merry Christmas and headed back to the office.  I swear I felt like I was floating!  I was blessed to have parents who demonstrated giving as I was growing up.  I'm so blessed that I'm in tears!

No comments:

Post a Comment