Wednesday, February 15, 2012

checking in

Well obviously I haven't done well at posting every day this month!  I do still post on the WW site and I post on the DPL site almost every day so I'm going to give myself a break.  Not being perfect about my tracking but again, I'm doing better than I was.  I'm a process!

I visited Beaver Dam Baptist Church this past Sunday!  I've been at Central for 21 years and I have grown increasingly dissatisfied.  I just have no zeal or passion for anything that I've been doing and missing church was becoming easier to do each week!  I talked with Carolyn about it and she helped me put things into perspective.  I'd been struggling because I felt guilty in light of support that I've received over the years.  Some of the support was given because that was their job - ie coming to Mom and Dad's funerals, etc...  I want to WANT to go to church.  I'm not sure what I'll wind up doing but I have found myself looking forward to going back to BD next Sunday.  Haven't looked forward to going to church in a long time!  I tend to be more comfortable with traditional conservative views and I'll be interested to see if BD is more in line with that.   I don't know that I've ever felt completely ok with women in the ministry or as deacons.  I also loved the fact that the whole church family was in one service.  The music was a nice blend of traditional and contemporary. 

I took off 3 days from work giving myself a nice long weekend.  It was fabulous to be lazy and really get some rest.  I could get into being retired with no problem I believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment