Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I am a turtle!

I believe the course of action for me is to be like a turtle!  Slow and steady saving and paying debts wins the race.  I would dearly love to be debt free TOMORROW!  But it's more important for me to try and build up a nest egg.  In fact, I'm thinking that I will not plan any trips for the next two years so that I can save more money.  I will definitely plan some vacation time and maybe a couple of weekends away but no trips to the beach.  I want to have a 6 month emergency fund saved and that would mean a minimum of $8000 in my Contingency Fundy.  I'm at a little over $2000 right now and contributing $270 a month so I've got some growing to do.  If the lawsuit over the property comes to anything, I will put that money on paying off my car first.  If there is any left over after that payoff, then I may plan for new appliances in the kitchen.  If I bought new appliances, they should last me as long as I live there.  If the lawsuit doesn't produce anything for us, I will stay the course with my plan for paying off the car by Feb of 2014 and then the condo by June of 2018.  I will be 59 then and it will be exciting to look at retirement within 5 years of being debt free!

No comments:

Post a Comment