Sunday, November 20, 2011

A good weekend

I'm glad to say that I've stayed true to my course this weekend.  I went to the grocery store and stayed very close to my budget.  I was $2 over what I planned and if I'd had cash, I wouldn't have let that happen.  I did try to stop and get cash Friday afternoon but there was too long a wait at the ATM.  I've got all the groceries I need.  I might need more milk before next payday but I'll just see how it goes.  I do have dry milk so I could always supplement with that if needed. 

I put up my Christmas tree yesterday.  I'm kind of rushing the season but I knew it would keep me busy and less likely to go out and spend money other places!  It's fun to decorate a new place!  I'd like to fill in with a few new things but I'll just wait and see.  Maybe a trip to the Dollar Tree.  Nothing this week though.

Looks like the lawsuit over Dad's property won't produce anything.  It would have been great to have a chunk of money to pay off the car or put toward new appliances.  I'll just have to keep going with the spending plan I have in place.  I think I do need to add a account to start saving for new kitchen appliances though.  The dishwasher here just doesn't get the dishes very clean.  I don't know if that's due to the dishwasher itself or because of the low water pressure.  I'll be anxious to see what kind of tax refund I have this year since I have mortgage interest to deduct again.  Maybe I can put any refund toward projects.  Time will tell.

Time to fix lunch for tomorrow and get ready for bed.  Sleep tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment