Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Life rolls on!

Rather pitiful that I haven't blogged in over a month!  But since this is just for me, I guess it's ok!  I have plans to meet with Jennifer my realtor this Saturday and officially put the house on the market!  Then on Sunday, DSis and DBIL are coming up after church to go see 3 condos!  I so appreciate them being willing to come up and do that.  For as much as I've complained over the years about the family always expecting me to be the one to travel for us to get together, it is very much appreciated that they will make the trip to be there for me!  DB and DSIL can't be there but they will see anything I choose later on.  I've got the kitchen painted and will plan to clean house on Friday so it will look good to take pictures for the posting.  There are 3 main things that will affect negotiations. 
1) the roof needs replacing although there are no leaks.
2) the outside walls of the utility room probably need replacing.
3) the front corners of the house have cracked possibily indicating setteling.

I will list the house for 115,000 to give myself some negotiating room.  Of course, there are always other things I could do to the house but it's in pretty good shape now.  I am very much at peace with this decision and know that if I don't get any offers, it will be God leading me to stay put.  I am also very grateful that I know my family will help me with packing and moving.  We'll see what the next weeks bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment