Saturday, July 6, 2013

I think I'm looking forward to retirement!

I took off Thursday and Friday so I've had a great long weekend.  I sometimes wonder if I will like eventually being retired or if I will get bored not having a routine.  Well - I've sure enjoyed this time off from work!  I've done a few projects and rested a lot!

One of the projects I did was to set up a charging station in my bedside table.  It involved a drill, lots of sawdust and some sweat but I think it will make that table more usable.  I tend to just leave my cell phone in my purse and as a result, I don't hear it ring sometimes.  Thursday night, I didn't have a phone with me in the bedroom and didn't hear Kathy's calls and I think she was a little frantic when she couldn't reach me.  I'm sure she was over reacting a bit given that this week would have been Dan's birthday but I just want the family to be able to reach me. 

We are planning a trip to DC in mid-September.  I'm looking forward to that.  I need to continue losing weight and exercising so I'll be in better shape for the walking that we'll do. 

No big plans for the rest of today.  Just want to continue enjoying my mini vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment