I'm so happy the weekend is coming up! It's been kind of a wild week at work so I'm looking forward to spending time at home. This is a weekend that I'm going to be doing a bit of shopping though. This is a month with an extra paycheck so I'm going to take a bit of money and do some stocking up shopping. I've got a list made out for WalMart, Sally Beauty and Kohl's. I am needing some new tennis shoes for work. How blessed am I that I get to wear sneakers every day??
On the subject of clothes, I had put in a large order for clothes from QVC yesterday. By last night, I had talked myself out of them and cancelled the order! Since I don't need clothes for work, my need for an extensive wardrobe just isn't there. Work provides my scrubs which is beyond wonderful! If I have 3 or 4 nice church tops and a few casual tops for the weekend, I don't need anything else! In thinking about the QVC order, I decided that I just didn't need the things and would prefer to not have a credit card bill to have to pay off!
There is still a small chance of getting some money in the settlement on the property across from Mom and Dad's house. There is also a small chance of a settlement from Dad's time working at the plants. If either of those come through, I've got a list of "big ticket items" I want to do. The first would be to pay off my car. The next thing would probably be to update my kitchen with new appliances and new counters. I think the cabinets are in fine shape although I might possibly paint them. I'm guessing that appliances and counters could run between $2500 and $6000 depending on if I get new counters or try to do a product to just paint the counters. Neither settlement may come to be though so I'm not counting on that.
I'm so very blessed with my money at this time. I have everything I need and I'm still able to save a little. That's something I need to remember each day!
No comments:
Post a Comment